The Olde Cow House
Sleeps 11 in 4 en-suite bedrooms
This new barn conversion is a 16th century listed timber framed and stone building converted to a very high standard, offering a mix of olde world charm and modern amenities, retaining a wealth of exposed original oak beams, wall timbers, brick and stone walls through-out every room. It is one of five superb Shropshire cottages in an lovely tranquill location, ideal for family get togethers.
Accommodation - Ground floor
Tiled entrance hall / garden room with seating and fully glazed with senic views. Utility off this room with Belfast sink and kitchen units plus oil fired boiler and airing cupboard. Separate W.C and basin.
One step up from entrance hall into large carpeted lounge with wealth of oak beams and exposed brick and stone. wood burning stove, one small stair case leading to double bedroom, and one large gallery staircase leading to landing, triple bedroom and main bathroom.
Oak floored dinning room with table to seat 11 people and staircase up to two family rooms. Tiled kitchen with granite topped oak units, island unit, belfast sink, dishwasher and large fridge/freezer and large electric range with two ovens and ceramic hob with cooker hood.
Accommodation - First floor
Four bedrooms; 1 x family bedroom with king-size bed and single with en-suite shower, basin & W.C, 1 x family bedroom with double & single with ensuite shower, basin & W.C, 1 x family bedroom with Zip and link King size bed (can be separated to 2 singles by request) and 1 single bed. This room is next to the main bathroom with roll top bath, shower ,W.C and basin, finally 1 x 3/4 double bed with ensuite W.C and basin.
All bedrooms have combi TV/DVD. There are three charactered stair cases to all the bedrooms, one off the dining room and two off the lounge.
Outside patio area with table and chairs leading to childrens play area. The patio area is not enclosed.
Full amenity list
- Award winning environmentally friendly bio-mass central heating.
- Electric range cooker with double oven & 5 ring ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/ freezer, washer, dishwasher, wall mounted flat screen TV, DVD, 4 x combi TV/DVD, free WiFi.
- Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent.
- Extra wood can be bought from owner.
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent.
- Cot, highchair & stairgate available.
- Off road parking for 5 cars.
- Bike storage available.
- Front patio garden with furniture, BBQ & hill views.
- Two shared games rooms with pool table & table tennis.
- Shared grounds including farm walk, conservation ponds & picnic area.
- Children's play area.
- Shared use of full-size tennis court.
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome.
- Sorry, no smoking.
- Shop 7 miles, Church Stretton train station 7 miles.
- Note: Check-in 3.30pm.
- Local pub only 1.6 miles away - The Royal Oak, Cardington.
Private onsite indoor 20-meter bespoke infinity swimming pool / spa / gym / relaxation area. With poolside showers & cold water plunge bucket. Spotify music & WiFi. Changing rooms & towels provided - Available to hire on arrival for 2-hour sessions 11am-1pm or 3pm-5pm at £10.00 per head.